These Chocolate Almond Butter Bites are seriously so delicious, easy to make, and are the perfect protein packed snack or healthy dessert option. You could easily replace the almond butter in this recipe for peanut butter and you’ve got yourself some healthified chocolate peanut butter bites that taste like Reese’s Pieces!
I don’t need to say much here because this recipe is super easy to follow and contains just 5 simple ingredients! These decadent bites are vegan friendly, gluten free, and free from refined sugar. If you love chocolate, and you love almond butter, then this recipe will be right up your ally. You can easily swap out the almond butter for any nut butter of choice. As I mentioned above, swap almond butter for peanut butter and you’ve got yourself some bites that taste just like Reese’s Pieces [my fav].
I think these bites are such a great protein packed snack or healthy dessert option to bring to your next holiday dinner, party, or any event! You can double up the recipe if you want to make a larger batch, just make sure you keep them stored in the freezer until ready to serve. I hope you enjoy this recipe and thank you for popping by!
CHOCOLATE ALMOND BUTTER BITES
This 5 ingredient no bake Chocolate Almond Butter Bite recipe is easy to make and absolutely to die for! Vegan friendly, gluten free, dairy free, and naturally sweet without any refined sugars. Enjoy these bites as a midday protein packed snack, or bring them along to your next event to share as a healthy dessert option!
Serves: 10 | Time: 35 minutes| Difficulty: Easy
- 1 cup creamy almond butter, or nut butter of choice – I like using Nuit Almond or Peanut Butter because it’s super creamy + enhanced with plant based nutrients!
- 5 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 + 1/2 cups vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts
- Line a large plate parchment paper and set it aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl, except for the chocolate chips and hemp hearts. Mix everything together until fully combined. If your batter is too crumbly add tsp amounts of water until the batter is somewhat doughy, sticky, and forms together well. If your batter is too runny, add another tbsp of coconut flour.
- Take heaping tbsp amounts of almond butter dough and roll into balls and place on your prepared plate. Pop into the freezer for 10 minutes.
- While almond balls are in the freezer, melt your chocolate chips on low heat in a small saucepan over the stove. Be sure to constantly stir the chocolate with a spatula so it doesn’t burn the bottom of the sauce pan.
- Once the chocolate begins to melt, remove the almond butter balls from the freezer and using two forks dip each ball into the melted chocolate, cover completely, then place back onto the plate.
- Once all the almond butter balls are covered and back on the plate, sprinkle hemp hearts over top and place them back in the freezer for at least 20 minutes, or until the chocolate coating has hardened.
- Once your Chocolate Almond Butter Bites have hardened, transfer them to a sealable container and keep them stored in the freezer. Enjoy!
Thank you for checking out today’s recipe post! If you make this recipe be sure to tag me on Instagram so I don’t miss out on your creations.