One of my favourite traditions this time of year is to load up on seasonal dairy free Holiday Nog when it hits the shelves! I’m personally a fan of the So Delicious coconut Holiday Nog— it’s so creamy and delicious [no pun intended]. I love getting creative with it by making healthy holiday-inspired recipes. It’s tasteful on its own, but also so easy to add into your holiday baking, lattes, smoothies, oatmeal, pancakes, french toast, and chia pudding to name a few.
Today I’m sharing a simple chia pudding recipe that comes packed with festive flavours and plant powered nutrition to leave you feeling nourished and satisfied. I find chia pudding to be extremely versatile— you can get creative with different healthy ingredients/flavours.
The ingredient star in today’s recipe [aside from the dairy free Holiday Nog] is chia seeds as they contain quite an impressive nutrient profile. In my opinion, the combination of the Holiday Nog + chia seeds makes for the perfect healthified holiday-inspired recipe! The dairy free Holiday Nog delivers the perfect festive flavours while the chia seeds come packed with an excellent source of fiber, a good balance of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, protein [high level of essential amino acids], vitamins, minerals, and phytochemicals with high antioxidant activity.
I hope you enjoy today’s nutritious festive recipe. If you give it a try, be sure to tag me on Instagram @jennalavassani so I can see your creations!
FESTIVE CHIA PUDDING
A nutrient-rich festive breakfast packed with delicious flavour and plant powered nutrition. This Festive Chia Pudding delivers an excellent source of healthy fats, plant based protein, and filling fiber to leave you feeling fuelled, energized, and satisfied. Dairy free + vegan friendly.
Serves: 1 | Time: 5 minutes + 1 hour to set| Difficulty: Easy
- 1/4 cup So Delicious seasonal dairy free coconut Holiday Nog
- 1 cup unsweet coconut milk, or plant based milk of choice
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp Omega3NutraCleanse , or ground flaxseed
- 1 scoop Garden of Life vanilla plant based protein powder, or plant based vanilla protein powder of choice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Coconut whipped cream, optional but recommended
- Combine dairy free nog and coconut milk [or milk of choice] into a mason jar.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients [except the cinnamon + coconut whip] and stir everything together until combined well.
- Seal mason jar with a lid and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. You’ll know your chia pudding has set once the consistency looks thickened.
- When ready to serve, top with coconut whip, sprinkles of cinnamon, mix everything together and enjoy!
Note: You can easily whip this recipe up in the evening before heading to bed to wake up and enjoy in the morning for breakfast. In order for the chia pudding to set, it just needs a minimum of 1 hour in the fridge prior to serving!
Thank you for popping by the blog to read today’s recipe post. I hope you have an amazing day!