Say hello to the cookies of your dreams! Today’s recipe is definitely worth bookmarking, and definitely worth making— these soft, delicious, vegan friendly, real food ingredient chocolate chip cookies with tahini will not disappoint!
I love a solid cookie recipe I can turn to that not only tastes amazing, but one that’s made with simple real food ingredients, which is why I came up with today’s healthified cookie recipe— seriously you guys, every bite is so soft and so delicious. I think this is a cookie recipe you’ll keep on hand. I know I won’t be the only one returning to this recipe again and again, it’s that good!
These chocolate chips cookies come together in 25 minutes— you’ll need around 10 to 15 minutes to whip up the ingredients, and an estimated 8 to 10 minutes to bake. While the cookies are baking, it’s important to keep an eye on them when they reach close to the 8 minute mark. You’ll want them to be soft to touch when you pull them out of the oven to ensure ooey-gooey goodness in every bite!
In addition to the ingredients listed below, you’ll need a cookie sheet, a medium sized mixing bowl and a simple hand held mixer or any kitchen appliance you can beat ingredients together with. That’s it!
These Vegan Chocolate Chip Tahini Butter Cookies are made with real food ingredients that deliver an excellent source of plant protein, healthy fats, and fiber. They’re the perfect healthy snack option to have on hand that doesn’t only satisfy the sweet tooth, but also nourishes and fuels the body.
This recipe is free from refined sugar, refined flour, dairy free, and vegan-friendly. If you want to make these cookies gluten free, simply sub in a gluten free flour you are comfortable baking with in place of the organic spelt flour, and be sure to alter any of the ingredients in this recipe as needed to meet the needs of the gluten free flour you sub in so the consistency doesn’t get compromised. If possible, I would aim for a gluten free flour that has a similar consistency/result to spelt flour.
VEGAN CHOCOLATE CHIP TAHINI BUTTER COOKIES
A soft, delicious, decadent vegan friendly cookie recipe powered with plant based ingredients to leave you feeling satisfied, nourished, and amazing.
Serves: 12-14 cookies | Time: 25 minutes | Difficulty: Easy
- 1/2 cup raw tahini butter (only ingredient should be sesame seeds), I like to use Nuts to You Nut Butter Organic Fair Trade Sesame Tahini
- 1/2 cup organic virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond mylk
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract, non-alcoholic
- 1/4 cup organic coconut palm sugar
- 1 cup organic spelt flour
- 2 scoops vanilla plant based protein powder, I used Garden Of Life Raw Organic Vanilla protein powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder, I like using Bob’s Red Mill
- 1/2 tsp baking soda, I like using Bob’s Red Mill
- 1/2 cup vegan dark chocolate chips OR break a part your favourite vegan chocolate bar and fold it in
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a cookie sheet with coconut oil or line it with parchment paper and set it aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, cream together the raw tahini butter, coconut oil, and coconut palm sugar. Add in the vanilla extract and almond mylk and beat again. Beat in the spelt flour, vanilla plant protein powder, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt.
- Fold in the chocolate chips OR your preference of vegan chocolate bar chopped up.
- Grab heaping tbsp amounts of cookie dough and roll into rounds and place onto prepared cookie sheet. Lightly press each one down with the palm of your hand. Place in the oven for an estimated 8 to 10 minutes, keeping an eye. You want the cookies to be on the soft side when removing them from the oven.
- Allow cookies to cool for at least 10 minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring to a container for storage.
Thank you for checking out today’s cookie recipe! If you make them be sure to tag me on Instagram @thenourishedblonde so I can see and share your delicious creations!