Today’s healthified muffin recipe screams fall! Nothing compares to a kitchen that smells of freshly baked cinnamon banana muffins— it’s so warming and comforting. This nourishing muffin recipe is light, naturally sweet, and packed with protein, healthy fats, and fiber.
Banana and cinnamon pair so perfectly together! The smell of banana baked into anything is one of life’s simple pleasures, and cinnamon adds a warming, grounding, and comforting touch. This muffin recipe is dairy free, refined sugar free, nutritious, and versatile! If you want to make this recipe vegan friendly you can swap out the egg and use flax egg instead. If you want to make this recipe gluten free go ahead and use your favourite gluten free flour, just be sure to alter any of the ingredients as needed to work with a gluten free flour.
I used a large mixing bowl and a hand held mixer to make this recipe, but feel free to use whichever appliance or tools you have on deck for your baking adventures. Some of the simple and nourishing ingredients I added into the muffins (aside from bananas and cinnamon) include vanilla plant based protein powder, organic virgin coconut oil, and organic pure maple syrup for added natural sweetness. I also sprinkled organic coconut palm sugar (along with extra cinnamon) over top of the muffins before placing them into the oven to bake. It adds a nice touch! I personally like to pair muffins with a cup of something warm and nourishing, like chai tea, early grey tea, or a coconut milk latte! Mmm…
HEALTHY CINNAMON BANANA PROTEIN MUFFINS
A delicious and healthy muffin recipe created with love to leave you feeling nourished and satisfied. Free from dairy and refined sugars, this recipe is concocted with healthful real food ingredients that deliver an excellent source of fiber, healthy fats, and protein.
Serves: 12 | Time: 40 minutes | Difficulty: Easy
- 1/3 cup organic virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup organic pure maple syrup
- 2 whole quality organic eggs
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup almond milk- or milk of choice, I used Earth’s Own
- 1 tsp organic pure vanilla extract (non-alcoholic), I always use Simply Organics
- 1 tsp baking soda, I use Bob’s Red Mill Premium Quality Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, I love Simply Organics Cinnamon
- 1 cup organic whole wheat flour (vegan friendly), I used Bob’s Red Mill
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder, I used Garden of Life Raw Organic in Vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp organic coconut palm sugar, for sprinkling over top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a 12-slot muffin tin by greasing it with coconut oil or adding in liners. Mash bananas in a bowl or on a plate with a fork and set aside.
- In a large bowl beat together the coconut oil, pure maple syrup, and eggs. Add in the mashed bananas, almond milk, and pure vanilla extract and whisk everything together until well combined.
- Whisk in the baking soda, sea salt, and cinnamon. Add in the flour and vanilla protein powder and mix everything together. It’s okay if your batter has a few lumps in it.
- Divide batter into prepared muffin tin. Sprinkle each muffin with extra cinnamon and organic coconut palm sugar (optional).
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Test with a toothpick, if it comes out clean your muffins are ready!
- Allow muffins to cool for 20 minutes prior to serving/storing. Keep stored in a sealed container up to 2 days on the counter at room temperature, or 5 days in the fridge.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and have an amazing day! If you make this recipe be sure to snap a photo and tag me on Instagram at @thenourishedblonde so I can see your healthy muffin recipes! You can follow me over on Instagram for daily healthy food, wellness, and lifestyle inspirations.
Photos by my talented babe @lovecraftphotography