I hope you all had an amazing long weekend! Mine was full of relaxation, loved ones, and time well spent in nature. Oh, and school work (sigh)… Needless to say, I am ready to take on the week ahead!
Today I’m sharing an ooey-gooey, soft and healthy salted nut butter cookie recipe with you. You can never have too many cookie recipes, right? Especially chocolate chip ones! This recipe is dairy free, refined sugar free, and made with yummy real food ingredients.
I used natural salted peanut butter for the nut butter in this recipe, however, if you don’t eat peanuts or don’t like peanut butter, you can use any salted nut butter you love. I will also mention I think it’s best to use a runny nut butter. I don’t refrigerate my nut butters because I like them to be creamier and runny— hardened nut butter can be a little more challenging to combine and work with. I added dairy free dark chocolate chunks into these cookies, but chocolate chips work just as well if you do not have chocolate chunks handy.
I mixed up the cookie dough in a medium sized mixing bowl with my Kitchen Aid hand held mixer. If you have a stand mixer, or any other way of mixing your ingredients, you can go right ahead and do it however works for you.
These cookies will take you 10 minutes to whip together plus 10 minutes to bake. The recipe is easy, straight forward, and DELICIOUS. I hope you enjoy these Salted Nut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies as much as I do!
Be sure to keep an eye on your cookies while they bake. You will want them to be slightly soft when you remove them from the oven to ensure ooey-gooey goodness when they cool!
SALTED NUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES
A soft, ooey-gooey, healthy and delicious cookie recipe. Dairy free, refined sugar free, and made with real food ingredients.
Serves: 12 cookies | Time: 20 minutes | Difficulty: Easy
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup salted natural peanut butter, or salted nut butter of choice
- 3/4 cup organic coconut palm sugar
- 1 whole quality egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract, non alcoholic
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt, or sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 + 1/2 cups organic whole wheat flour, or flour of choice – I like to use Bob’s Red Mill flours
- 1/2 cup dairy free dark chocolate chips
Note- if you decide to use a different flour (i.e. gluten free flour), be sure to alter any ingredients as needed. Different flours might require different measurements to work properly, so keep this in mind!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line or grease a baking sheet.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine melted coconut oil, salted peanut butter, and organic coconut palm sugar. I used a hand mixer, however, if you have a stand mixer you could just use that to make this recipe.
- Add in the egg and pure vanilla extract and continue mixing.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the baking soda, sea salt, and flour. Slowly add in the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and continue mixing. Fold in the dark chocolate chips.
- Scoop heaping tbsp amounts of cookie dough and form into balls and arrange onto the baking sheet. Flatten each ball of dough with a fork.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Once cookies are complete, take them out of the oven and allow them to cool (you’ll want your cookies to be slightly soft to ensure ooey-gooey goodness). Keep stored in an airtight container on the counter for 4 days, or in the refrigerator up to one week for optimal freshness.
I hope you enjoy this cookie recipe! If you make these cookies, be sure to snap a photo and tag me on Instagram so I don’t miss out on your healthy cookie creations.
I would love to hear what kind of recipes and content you all would like to be seeing, especially with the holiday season approaching. Leave me a comment below to let me know!