Happy Thursday everyone! Today I’m sharing a simple pear butter recipe with you that is naturally sweet and perfect for layering on top of toast, muffins, scones, pancakes, waffles, and whatever you desire.
I will admit that I have been loving chai everything lately, which has definitely motivated today’s recipe. I find chai spices to be warming, grounding, comforting, and basically perfect for the the fall + winter months.
I used ripe organic Bartlett pears from my dad’s pear tree in this recipe, his tree grows the yummiest pears I have ever eaten! Ripened, soft pears are important for a recipe like this, they make all the difference in how it turns out. This pear butter recipe is an easy one you can make in a saucepan over the stove in an hours time [no canning methods needed here].
If you want to make a larger batch just double up the ingredients in the recipe and store any leftovers you wont use in the freezer to take out another day.
CHAI SPICED PEAR BUTTER
A nutritious and delicious one jar homemade pear butter with chai spices. Refined sugar free, dairy free, gluten free.
Serves: 2 cups | Time: 1 hour | Difficulty: Easy
- 5 small organic pears, peeled/cored/chopped (I used 5 small organic Bartlett pears)
- 2 tbsp raw unpasteurized honey, or pure maple syrup [if vegan]
- 1 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp of nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp of cloves
- 1/8 tsp cardamom
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- Peel, core, and dice the pear then add all the ingredients into a medium sized saucepan over medium heat and bring everything to a boil.
- Turn the heat down to low and place a lid on the saucepan for 45 minutes. Keep an eye and stir occasionally to prevent the mixture from burning.
- Once the mixture thickens, remove the saucepan from the heat and pour the mixture into food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the pear butter into a mason jar and seal with an airtight lid and keep stored in the fridge up to 2 weeks.
Thank you for reading today’s post, I hope you enjoy this recipe and have a wonderful day!