Happy Thursday everyone! Today I’m sharing a simple pear butter recipe with you that is naturally sweet and perfect for layering on top of toast, muffins, scones, pancakes, waffles, and whatever you desire. It’s also refined sugar free, gluten free, and vegan friendly! I added some chai spices into this pear butter, and I will completely admit I have been loving chai everything lately. My previous post on how to make Homemade Hemp Milk has some chai inspiration in it as well. I find the spices in chai to be warming, grounding, comforting, and basically perfect for the the fall/winter months!
Similarly to most fruit, pears are naturally concentrated in water and sugar and are high in dietary fiber, containing 6 g per serving. I used ripe organic Bartlett pears from my dad’s pear tree in this recipe, his tree grows the yummiest pears I have ever eaten! Ripened, soft pears are important for a recipe like this, they make all the difference in how it turns out. This recipe is an easy one you can make in a saucepan over the stove in an hours time. It is not one of those enormous batches that takes the day (canning) to do. If you want to make more pear butter, just double up the ingredients in this recipe and then freeze it by pouring the pear butter into clean freezer jars/containers and sealing them tightly. If you decide to make more and will not consume it fresh within a 2 week period, freezing is important. Make sure it has cooled completely prior to placing in the freezer. They will keep for a long time, but it is encouraged to use it up within a year for the best taste and optimal freshness.
CHAI SPICED PEAR BUTTER
A nutritious and delicious 1 jar homemade pear butter recipe flavoured with with chai spices. Refined sugar free, gluten free, and vegan friendly.
Serves: 2 cups | Time: 1 hour | Difficulty: Easy
- 5 small organic pears, peeled/cored/chopped (I used 5 small organic Bartlett pears)
- 2 tbsp raw unpasteurized honey
- 1 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp of nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp of cloves
- 1/8 tsp cardamom
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- Peel, core, and dice the pears
- Add all the ingredients into a medium sized saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Bring the heat down to low and place a lid on the saucepan for 45 minutes. Keep an eye and stir occasionally to prevent the mixture from burning.
- Once the mixture thickens, remove the saucepan from the heat and pour the mixture into food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the pear butter into a mason jar and seal with an airtight lid and keep stored in the fridge up to 2 weeks.
Thank you for reading today’s post, I hope you enjoy this recipe and have a wonderful day!