Today I am sharing a super quick and easy homemade hemp milk recipe with you! Hemp seeds pack quite the nutritional profile, containing a good source of protein, essential fatty acids, dietary fiber, vitamins, and minerals. They are easy to sprinkle on top of smoothies, yogurt, oatmeal, a bowl of fruit, and salads, but have you tried blending them into a simple dairy free plant based milk? Homemade hemp milk packs a bit of a nutty, earthy flavour for those of you who are used to drinking other plant based milks, such as almond milk, coconut milk, or soy milk. The recipe I am sharing today is quite simple and takes no time at all, plus, it does not require any soaking! You can also easily adapt it to your desired taste preference, it’s quite versatile to switch up. All you need is some hemp seeds, water, and the rest is up to you!
For today’s recipe, I added some organic pure maple syrup and pure vanilla extract for natural sweetness, along with chai spice for a nice fall inspired kick. I personally find chai spice to be grounding, warming, and comforting, it seemed like the perfect ingredient to boost my milk with this time, and it turned out so delicious!
OTHER HEMP MILK COMBO’S
- pure vanilla extract + sea salt + pitted dates
- raw cacao powder + sea salt + pitted dates
- raw cacao powder + Himalayan salt + pure peppermint extract + pitted dates
- cinnamon + pure vanilla extract + pure maple syrup
- turmeric + black pepper + raw honey + pitted dates
- ginger + turmeric + pitted dates
- matcha + vanilla powder + pure maple syrup
- blueberries + pure vanilla extract
- lavender + raw honey
Add hemp milk to your morning smoothies, oatmeal, or baking. I also like to steam hemp milk and pour it on top of my morning coffee to give it a nutty kick!
HOMEMADE HEMP MILK
A delicious homemade hemp milk recipe that is naturally creamy, nutritious, and easy to make.
Serves: 6 cups | Time: 10 minutes | Difficulty: Easy
- 1 cup hemp seeds, I used Manitoba Harvest Shelled Hemp Seeds
- 4 cups water, use 3 cups if you want a creamier/thicker consistency
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt, or sea salt
- 1/2 tsp chai spice, I used Epicure Chai
- 1 tbsp organic pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract, non-alcoholic
- Add hemp seeds, water, Himalayan salt, and any add ins (if desired) to a high-speed blender and blend everything together until smooth and creamy (this takes around 1 minute). I like to use my Vitamix for making homemade milks!
- Test the taste and add more ingredients as needed depending on your desired flavours. I personally don’t strain my homemade hemp milk, I don’t think it needs it. However, if you think it needs to be strained then go right ahead and place a nut milk bag over a large jar and pour your hemp milk over top. Finally, transfer your hemp milk into a large enough jar with an air tight lid and keep stored in the refrigerator up to 5 days.
I hope you enjoyed today’s post! Don’t forget to snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @thenourishedblonde if you try this recipe so I don’t miss out on your hemp milk creations. Have an amazing day!