Okay guys, this recipe is bookmark worthy. IT TURNED OUT SO AMAZING! Black bean brownies can easily be a hit or miss, and this recipe was a definite HIT. It came out with a perfectly baked top and the perfect amount of softness inside that is expected of a brownie.
I’ve had a few bad experiences with previous black bean brownie recipes turning out like mush, tasting terrible, and having some major texture disappointments. I was so excited to concoct a recipe that turned out BOMB and am even more excited to be sharing it with you today!
A large food processor is KEY for this recipe, I’ve learned that processing black beans until smooth is extremely important, so make sure to use a food processor that’s reliable.
Another important step in this recipe is to be sure to let it cool completely before you cut it into brownie squares for serving and storing. If you (unlikely) have any left over, keep them stored in an airtight container in the fridge up to 5 days. Storing them in the fridge helps keep them fresh and tasting amazing.
VEGAN BLACK BEAN BROWNIES
A decadent and delicious healthy brownie recipe to satisfy all your chocolate cravings. Vegan friendly, gluten free, refined sugar free.
Serves: 9 | Time: 40 minutes | Difficulty: Easy
- 1 can organic black beans
- 1/4 cup raw almond butter, or nut butter of choice
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 tsp vanilla extract, non alcoholic
- 1 cup organic coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips, vegan
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large food processor process the black beans until smooth and then begin adding the nut butter, raw cacao, ground flaxseed, vanilla extract, coconut palm sugar, baking soda, Himalayan salt, and puree everything together until smooth. Fold in the dark chocolate chips.
- With a spatula, scoop the batter into the lined dish and spread evenly. Tip- sometimes I wet the back of a spoon or spatula and use it for spreading out batter, it helps prevent it from sticking.
- Place in the oven for an estimated 30 minutes, keeping an eye. The top will begin to crack and the center will be firm.
- Remove from the oven once it’s baked through and let it cool completely prior to cutting and serving. Keep brownies stored in an airtight container in the fridge up to 5 days.
Thank you for reading today’s blog. Let me know if you try this recipe out by tagging me on Instagram. I hope you have an amazing day!