I love a delicious and healthy snack option packed with long lasting energy that’s easy to grab and go, like these granola squares I’m sharing with you today!
Making your own homemade granola bars that contain real food ingredients is the best way to go. For one, you know exactly what has gone into the making of them, and for another, a lot of packaged granola bars out there contain refined ingredients and added sugars. Homemade is the way to go to help you make healthier choices!
Features: delicious, hearty, nutritious, plant protein, energizing healthy fats, rich source of dietary fiber, gluten free, dairy free, vegan friendly, real food ingredients.
Make a batch of these Energizing Granola Squares to have on hand as a healthy snack option through the week. They’re also a great breakfast or post workout option. Having nourishing snacks prepped and ready to go keeps healthy eating easy and attainable!
ENERGIZING GRANOLA SQUARES
Packed with plant protein, energizing healthy fats, and fiber. These delicious granola squares will leave you feeling fuelled, balanced, and satisfied. Gluten free, dairy free, naturally sweet, and vegan friendly.
Serves: Approximately 16 squares | Time: 40 minutes | Difficulty: Easy
- 1 cup bob’s red mill gluten free oats
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa, soaked
- 2 tbsp prana chia seeds
- 1 tsp simply organics cinnamon
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp simply organics pure vanilla extract, non alcoholic
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup chopped raw unsalted walnuts
- ⅓ cup pitted dates, chopped
- ¼ cup smooth almond butter
- 2 tbsp organic pure maple syrup
- ¼ vegan chocolate chips
Optional add in:
- ⅓ cup dried fruit of choice, natural without preservatives
Note- check the ingredients list of your dried fruit, is there are bunch of added ingredients? Opt for dried fruit options that contain minimal and real food ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, quinoa, chia seeds, cinnamon, and salt. Stir in vanilla extract and mashed bananas. Fold in the pumpkin seeds, walnuts, dates, vegan chocolate chips, and dried fruit of choice (optional add in).
- In a small saucepan on low, heat together the almond butter and pure maple syrup and stir until almond butter is melted and warm. Pour into the granola mixture and combine everything together well. Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish and press down firmly.
- Place in the oven to bake for an estimated 20 -25 minutes, keeping an eye. The edges will begin to turn golden brown when you know it is finished. Cool completely prior to cutting and serving.
- Keep granola bars stored in an airtight in the fridge for optimal freshness.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you try it out, be sure to snap a photo and tag me on Instagram so I can see your creations. Have a wonderful day!